anyone else out there keep their old/empty gift cards? yea i’m weird, but hey, i found a new purpose for them. ornaments! i get Starbucks gift cards for Christmas (which i love) and so i have some cute Christmasy ones. so ornaments they became! i’m talking easy. cut, hole punch, string. bam.
and because i felt like this post was too short…here’s a little Christmas quiz i saw floating around here and i thought i’d share too (you should too!)
1. egg nog or hot chocolate? definitely hot chocolate. preferably SB’s salted caramel hot chocolate. yum.
2. does santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrapped presents all the way. (is it bad that we didn’t do “santa” presents for P….i mean she’s not even one yet) ;)
3. colored lights on tree/house or white? both tree and house are white. wish the mister would let me keep them up all year/forever!
4. do you hang mistletoe? we didn’t this year, but we have in the past.
5. when do you put your decorations up? well like on #3, i would have them up always….but the mister makes me wait until after Thanksgiving.
6. what is your favorite holiday dish? oh man…tough decision, i would say my grannie’s chocolate carmelitas (the best!)
7. favorite holiday memory as a child? i always enjoyed our family puzzles. we would get a massively hard puzzle and we would work on it here and there throughout the all days.
8. when and how did you learn the truth about Santa? i don’t remember the exact age (sometime in elementary school) but i didn’t get any present from santa that year, and my mom goes “oh, you still believe in him??” ….guess not! ;)
9. do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? we do our stocking stuffers.
10. how do you decorate your Christmas tree? white lights, thick gold ribbon, (adding gold tinsel strands next year), and lots of store bought red, green, and gold ornaments (when we were dating, i had to help the mister start somewhere) and slowly but surely adding handmade ones each year! excited about those.
11. snow! love it or dread it? well considering it rarely ever snows here…ever, then of course i love it! i much rather be in the cold and snow than our triple degree summers we have. (that’s why i’m super white) :)
12. can you ice skate? i can, but it has been awhile. i’d love to go again and take P. omg that would be too cute! do they make skates that tiny??
13. do you remember your favorite gift? i’m pretty sure i have a bad memory bc i can’t even think what i got past last year?? but i do know i love and appreciate all my gifts.
14. what’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? well spending time with family and friends is always a must and my favorite! but clearly you gotta remember the reason for the season! i really want P to grow up understanding what Christmas is all about. (must lead through example) :)
15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? see #6
16. what is your favorite holiday tradition? watching Elf about 100 times, listening to tons of Christmas music, and going out to pick the perfect tree for our home (and singing Christmas carols to and from there!) i told the mister i want to make more family traditions too!
17. what tops your tree? for now it’s a big gold star, but i’d like to hand make something eventually.
18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving? definitely giving. i love the whole shopping experience (you can ask the mister) and lately i have been trying to make more of the gifts so to me that makes it even better since it’s a piece of me that i am giving too.
19. candy canes: yuck or yummy? eeeh yummy. they aren’t chocolate, but they are nice.
20. favorite Christmas show? see #16. but seriously….Elf 100% i like It’s A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story too. :)
21. saddest Christmas song? interesting question. lol. but i have caught myself saying i didn’t like elvis’ “i’ll have a blue Christmas” song.
22. what is your favorite Christmas song? oh i have lots. but i think i love Carol of the Bells the most. way back in middle school, my friend and i sang the song over and over and over again until we memorized all the words. i still have it memorized. ;) i like Winter Wonderland too.
who else is not done with Christmas shopping/hand making??? not.enough.time.