DIY ~ paper accordion flowersCategory: DIY | February 6th, 2012
a few of you have asked how i did my fav wall decor for miss P’s birthday. at the time when i was making the actual flowers, i managed to snap a few shots with my phone, so i will just post that. i know i can do it all over again and take better photos with my real camera, but let’s be real here guys. ;)
materials: paper, glue, and however you want to hang them. i used Christmas ornament hooks
*i used 12″x12″ scrapbook paper that i already had on hand (you can use a different size paper…the bigger the paper, the bigger the flower) ;)
1. fold the paper accordion style. back and forth, back and forth. i used 3 sheets of paper for each flower, so i folded all 3 of them together at once. all about short cuts.
2. trim the edges (you can do this several ways to create variety)
3. fold each paper down the middle.
4. glue the fold together for each paper
5. glue all three sides together to form the flower
6. determine how you will hang them and done!! (i used Christmas ornament hooks since i hung them on my blinds, but you can use tape, tacks, string, etc.)
when you have a lot to do, i suggest doing an assembly line. goes a lot faster. :) yay happy paper accordion flower making!
Pingback: DIY Party Decor for Less than PHP150! | Tall Tale Boē()