everyone needs to try out the good ole freezer paper on canvas tote thing at least once in their lives. :) i had a random bag laying around and thought i’d make miss P a little simple bag to call her own. if your toddler is like mine then they will love carrying around this random big bag and filling it with rocks and baby dolls. but really this is such an easy DIY and a great way to personalize something small. AND makes great gift ideas~Christmas is coming up!
materials: you can find freezer paper at just about any grocery store. i think i got mine a long time ago at walmart. i used an exacto knife but you can easily cut out your design with scissors too.
1. i used photoshop for my template but there are so many other options to use like a word document or even be awesome and freehand it with pencil and paper.
2. if transferring onto freezer paper then it’s easier if you tape your template to the paper. make sure it’s on the non shiny side!
3. figure out where you want your design and iron it on….shiny side down! go slow so you don’t have wrinkles like i got. oops.
4. now the fun part. go ahead and put cardboard or something behind where you’re painting so it does not bleed through on the other side. and be sure not to put too much paint since it might bleed under the paper like mine on a few places. oops again. but imperfections are pretty too. :) let it dry completely. i ended up just waiting over night but it was dry by the time i went to bed.
5. carefully peel off the freezer paper and ENJOY! easy as pie. :)
depending on how much you already have on hand this is a pretty inexpensive project and you can do it in one sitting (or in my case during the little one’s nap) not including the” waiting for paint to dry” time. you can do this project on all sorts of fabrics. even all those old t shirts you don’t wear anymore can be revamped with a little tlc and freezer paper. :) have fun!